Each week I, Matt Koontz, will be posting an article I call my 5/5/5. I will be posting 5 must players, 5 bust/avoid players, 5 sleepers for that particular week in fantasy football.
My 5 Musts:
- TY Hilton- WR/Colts vs Jags: who do the Jags have to slow him down?
- Carson Wentz- QB/Eagles vs Washington: They don’t have the secondary to stop him.
- Patrick Mahomes- QB/Chiefs vs Texans: I don’t trust the Texans secondary at all.
- Christian McCaffery- RB/Panthers vs Raiders: McCaffery could run for 80 and add 80 in the passing game. Big week for him.
- Keenan Allen- WR/Chargers: The Bengals corners are going to be roasted by Keenan Allen.
My 5 players to avoid:
- Baker Mayfield- QB/Browns vs Ravens: Calias Campbell plus the Ravens secondary. Bad day for Baker on the way.
- Alvin Kamara- RB/Saints vs Bucs: The Bucs run defense is stellar. Should be a slow start to 2020 for Kamara.
- Amari Cooper- WR/Cowboys vs Rams: Amari is bad on the road plus Jalen Ramsey will shut him down.
- Daniel Jones- QB/Giants vs Steelers: The Steelers defense is too elite for any of the Giants subpar WRS to get open.
- Kyler Murray- QB/Cardinals vs 49ers: The 49ers defense and pass rush will eat Kyler alive.
My 5 Sleepers:
- Ben Roethlisberger- QB/Steelers vs. Giants: The Giants have a bad secondary and Ben will exploit it, especially with no pass rush.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling- WR/Packers vs. Vikings: The Vikings secondary is going to be weak and Rodgers likes MVZ entering this season.
- Michael Pittman Jr- WR/Colts vs Jaguars. With no secondary and a great QB Pittman should have a great rookie debut for the Colts.
- Bryan Edwards- WR/Raiders: Assuming Donte Jackson is covering Ruggs, Edwards will be open often.
- Will Fuller V- WR/Texans vs Chiefs. I think the chiefs secondary is weaker than people realize, if Fuller is healthy he could have a great game.
– Matt Koontz